Language School: General introduction
Élő Nyelvek Szemináriuma / Living Languages Seminar has been in business since 1949. We offer English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Hungarian language courses for companies and individuals.
Our native teachers and local teachers with diploma and practice guarantee high level in communication focused tuition as well as in business corporate language training either in your company or in our centre in Budapest.
Living Languages Seminar (ÉLŐ NYELVEK SZEMINÁRIUMA) was founded in 1949. It was the first language school to open in Budapest after the Second World War and for many years English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian languages could be learnt only in our school. We have three locations and our centre is at 1053. Budapest. Fejér György u. 8-10. This is where we conduct enrolment, examinations, though we also hold classes here.
We specialise in teaching foreign languages and during the past decades our school developed many practices which have also been introduced by other schools. Until the 1980s we had been the only independent (not state owned) enterprise in this field. Despite the current lively competition, we are sure we have remained in the forefront of language teaching in Budapest. Being the oldest institution of its kind here, we are, naturally, well prepared to teach these languages. We are experienced and have extensive subject matter, which is constantly monitored and refreshed.
Our accreditation in five languages as an examination place recognized by the state and our highly qualified staff mean guarantee for students in their studies and preparation for the different examinations.
- Our institute has gained the title of Accredited Institute for quality and all our language programmes have been accredited and recognized by the appropriate state institutions.
- Our school is an examination centre accredited and recognized by the state.
- In 2000 we became a state accredited language examination place of the locally most well-known ELTE-Origó examinations in five languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish.
- We introduced and spread (Pitman) examinations owned by City and Guilds in Hungary (1990) on five levels and Business English examinations on three levels.
- We prepare students for ELTE-Origó, Cambridge, TOEFL, BE exams, Zdf, ZMP, DELE, DELF, DALF examinations.
- Courses: continuously functioning courses, summer-, intensive-, in company – courses, and one to one. Annually thousands of students, hundreds of classes weekly. We limit the number of students in a group: micro, mini, midi and standard groups. There are nine levels and special examination levels and skills courses available.
- ENGLISH: Subject matter: own series of books in English – also considering learning problems of the Hungarians – in the form of six books and supplementary books. Own development and publication of Hungarian-English, English-Hungarian Dictionary.
- We also use a wide choice of books published by OUP, CUP, Longman, etc.
- We have foreign relations in England, USA, Australia, France, Italy, Spain: – universities, language schools, associate schools. We have been sending students abroad since 1989.
- a TRANSLATIONS BUREAU is at your disposal in our centre.
- Since 1970 we have had special contacts with a leading grammar school on Buda side of the town and rent their premises to run classes and examinations there as well.
- Early history of the school and 69 years memoir and age description written by Paul Győző Biró:
A Másik Oldal – The Other Side (under translation).
Extract from the book: A MÁSIK OLDAL English_